Stephen Kiprotich of Uganda won the Olympic gold medal in men's marathon with a time of two hours eight minutes 1 second.
Men’s marathon Result
1. Stephen Kiprotich (Uganda) - 2:08:11
Kenya's Abel Kirui won the silver with a time of two hours eight minutes 27 seconds and Kenya's Wilson Kipsang Kiprotich won the bronze.
2. Abel Kirui (Kenya) - 2:08:273. Wilson Kipsang Kiprotich (Kenya) - 2:09:37
4. Mebrahtom Keflezighi (U.S.) - 2:11:065. Marilson dos Santos (Brazil) - 2:11:10
6. Kentaro Nakamoto (Japan) - 2:11:167. Cuthbert Nyasango (Zimbabwe) - 2:12:08
8. Paulo Roberto Paula (Brazil) - 2:12:179. Henryk Szost (Poland) - 2:12:28
10. Ruggero Pertile (Italy) - 2:12:45