Ethiopia's Tsegaye Kebede won Chicago Marathon with a course record time of 2 hours, 4 minutes, 38 seconds on Sunday becoming the first Ethiopian winner of the men’s race.Feyisa Lilesa was second in 2:04.52 and Tilahun Regassa was third in 2:05.27.
In the women’s race, Atsede Baysa of Ethiopia edged Kenya's Rita Jeptoo at the finish line to win the 35th Chicago Marathon women's title with a time of 2:22.03. Kenya's Lucy Kabuu was third.
1. Tsegaye Kebede (Ethiopia) - 2:04:382. Feyisa Lilesa (Ethiopia) - 2:04:52
3. Tilahun Regassa (Ethiopia) - 2:05:274. Sammy Kitwara (Kenya) - 2:05:54
5. Wesley Korir (Kenya) - 2:06:13
1. Atsede Baysa (Ethiopia) - 2:22:032. Rita Jeptoo (Kenya) - 2:22:04
3. Lucy Wangui (Kenya) - 2:22:414. Liliya Shobukhova (Russia) - 2:22:59
5. Caroline Rotich (Kenya) - 2:23:22